I think this project would be perfect for a quick, fun project or even for gifts 🙂
- Jelly Roll Strips 24″ long, or a strip of fabric 2.5″ by 24″
- Craft thread
- Crystals or buttons for center of flowers
- Hot glue gun
- Skinny dowel rods
- Some leaves from from faux flowers
- Floral Tape
1. Press all strips in half lengthwise. Iron the ends in about 1/4″.
2. Using craft thread, make a running stitch down the length of the strip.
3. Pull thread to gather strip as you go. The final result should look like this:
4. I didn’t get a pic of this, but I will explain it as best I can. Spiral the end of the strip on itself, not directly on top of the strip, but kind of staggered. Do this until the whole strip looks like this:
5. Sew buttons or crystals into the middle of flower.
6. Get the dowel rods, leaves, and floral tape. Start wrapping the dowel rod with floral tape using a spiral motion. Wrap the stems of the faux leaves with the tape.
7. Hot glue the flowers onto the top of the dowel rod and done! You have a beautiful flower. Make one or a bouquet!